If you have any trouble adding your card to the platform, the following suggestions may be able to help:
- Make sure the credit or debit card details (card number, expiry date, CVV) you have entered are correct
- Make sure you have enough funds on your card
- Verify with your bank that your debit or credit card allows recurring e-commerce transactions
- Bolt accepts Mastercard, Visa cards, American Express and UnionPay
- You can only add a card before requesting a ride. This option will be unavailable during an ongoing ride.
- If your card has been added successfully and is still not showing in the app, double-check the expiry date
- If the card expires in the given month and there are less than seven remaining days of the month, the card is automatically hidden. In this case, you will have to add another card.
Scanning a card
- If you're unable to add a card by scanning, please make sure that your card is positioned correctly in the centre of the screen so that all four green lines of the scanner connect to create a rectangular border around your card
- Scanning works only with cards that have embossed numbers. Non-embossed credit card types will unable to be scanned.
- For help on how to add a card, please see Adding or Choosing a Payment method
- All data about your card(s) is saved, encrypted and kept private.
- If nothing above helps, please contact our Support team via the app.