The price of your trip is calculated based on a number of factors. Three main factors the app considers are:
- Base fare
- Kilometre rate (distance covered)
- Minute rate (trip duration)
Other factors that may affect your trip price include:
- Dynamic pricing: before you make a request, the app will inform you about any surge in prices caused by higher than expected demand
- Different rates for London area and airport journeys
- Vehicle categories
- Airport fees which are added automatically
If your trip price is different than the one you expected please refer to Price Higher than Expected.
Note: fare breakdown is shown in receipts. Don't forget to opt in for Bolt Newsletter to receive updated info about rates.