You have a legal right to be accompanied by your assistance animal when travelling with Bolt. A driver cannot refuse carriage because of the assistance animal.
- There is no extra charge to carry an assistance animal
- Please get in touch with us if a driver has refused carriage due to your assistance animal. We take such reports very seriously.
- The driver can only refuse to take your assistance animal if they have been granted an exemption certificate by TfL. Exempt drivers must carry or display a yellow exemption certificate at all times.
If you would like to travel with your pet on board of Bolt, be kindly advised that it is up to the driver whether or not they accept such a trip.
Give the driver a call after requesting your trip. This way, you'll be able to ask if they are willing to take your pet along. You can cancel the trip if they refuse to do so.
- There is no extra charge to carry a pet
- Please make sure that your pet is clean and well-behaved.