Drivers are responsible for collecting cash from passengers for cash-paid journeys. If the passenger refuses to pay or pays less, please follow the guidelines below:
- Politely ask the passenger to make payment at the end of a cash journey
- If the passenger refuses to pay the metered rate, try to arrange another method of payment (drive to an ATM or take payment via a card reader)
- If a slightly lesser amount is agreed on cash fares, then the full amount on the meter should be entered. Please contact Bolt and inform us of the situation so that you are not overcharged with a commission.
If the passenger refuses to pay after alternatives are offered:
- Local authorities should be contacted as this is an offence under the Maximum Fares Order
- Do not confirm the price in the app
- Report a problem with the price
- Choose the relevant reason and leave a comment.
We will review the order details. When the price review is completed, the trip price will be shown in the ride history.