How can we help?

Sign in

Coventry document requirements

Drivers who are licensed by Coventry City Council must provide the documents listed below to be considered for driving on the Bolt platform.

Please follow the instructions carefully to have your documents successfully reviewed for account activation:

DVLA Driving licence


  • Must be a photograph of the front of the current UK DVLA Plastic Driving Licence
  • Must be a full licence, not provisional
  • Address (including postcode) must match with your Private Hire Driver's licence

DVLA Check Code


  • Must be generated on the government webpage or by calling the DVLA
  • Must be a combination of letters and numbers exactly as shown on the webpage - the code is case-sensitive (please underline the capital letters if you are copying the code)

Private Hire Driver Badge


  • Must be issued by Coventry City Council
  • Must be a photograph of the front of your current Private Hire Driver Badge
  • Your image, PHL Number, Name and Expiry Date must be clearly shown
  • Your Licence Number must match your PHL

Private Hire Driver Licence (PHL)


  • Must be issued by Coventry City Council
  • Must be a clear photograph of the full, original document
  • Address (including postcode) must match with your UK Plastic Driving Licence

Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHV)


  • Must be issued by Coventry City Council
  • Must be a clear photograph of the entire page
  • Must be a valid Private Hire Vehicle Licence
  • The vehicle make and model must match the vehicle make and model on the V5C Logbook

MOT Test Certificate


  • A valid MOT certificate is required for all vehicles

V5C Logbook, New Keeper Slip or E-Logbook


  • The vehicle registration details and the registered keeper details must be visible
  • New keeper’s slips will be accepted for up to 2 months from the date of transfer or sale

  • Confirmation of Registration is accepted 1 year from the date of first registration

Insurance certificate

To show proof of insurance, you must upload an insurance certificate or a temporary cover note.

Requirements for insurance certificates and cover notes:

  • You must be named as the Policyholder, or be listed under the section “Persons Entitled to Drive”. You must be the only named driver
  • The insurance policy must be valid
  • The Vehicle Registration Number (VRM) must be named as the insured vehicle
  • The cover type must explicitly state “Hire and Reward” or “Private hire”, and cannot include ”Public hire”
  • The use must not be;
    • limited to a single ride-hailing operator (other than Bolt)
    • limited to rideshare
    • restricted by any time limits

If you rent a car, you will also need to provide one of the following supporting documents:

  • A rental agreement issued by the company you rent your vehicle from
  • A permission letter issued by the company or person whose vehicle you’re using
  • Driver or vehicle schedule (for vehicles insured under a rental company’s fleet insurance policy)

Bank statement

  • Must be for the same account that you will receive your Bolt payments to
  • The account must be in your name
    • We only accept personal bank details (including joint personal accounts)
  • The address, sort code and account number must be visible
  • The statement must not be over 3 months old
    • This can be shown as an issue date or as a date of a transaction
  • The financial details of the transactions can be excluded from the statement (cropped or blurred out)

Profile picture

Your profile picture will be visible to passengers in the app and must be a good likeness to you. Pictures must meet the following requirements:

  • Your face is centred in the frame

  • Nobody else is in the frame

  • The image is not blurry

  • Please do not wear a hat or sunglasses (eyeglasses and religious garments are accepted)

  • The photo is taken in good lighting (try facing a light source, like a lamp or window)

  • The image is taken against a solid background

  • The photo is taken with the camera at eye level

Was this article helpful?