For most passengers, in-app payments are preferred and convenient, but you might encounter some problems while adding your card to the platform.
Here are some simple suggestions that may help you:
- Make sure the credit or debit card details (card number, expiry date, CVV) you have entered are correct
- Make sure you have enough funds on your card
- Verify with your bank that your debit or credit card allows recurring e-commerce transactions
- In most markets, Taxify only accepts Mastercard and Visa cards; also American Express (except in Georgia, Tanzania and Uganda)
When the card adding procedure is successful, but the card does not show up in your payment method list, please check the expiry date.
- If the card expires in the given month and there are less than seven days until the end of the month, the card is automatically hidden, and you will have to add another card
If you're unable to add a card by scanning, kindly note the following:
- Place your card in the centre of the screen in such a way that all four green lines of the scanner connect with each other to create a rectangle border around your card
- Scanning works only with the cards that have embossed numbers. Non-embossed credit card types won't scan.
- Scanning your card is safe and secure to use. The platform does not save card numbers submitted, and all data is encrypted.
- For help on how to add a card, please see Adding or Choosing a Payment method
- If nothing above helps, please contact our Support Team via the app.