In case you encounter problems while adding your card to the platform, here are some simple suggestions that may help you:
- Make sure the credit or debit card details (card number, expiry date, CVV) you have entered are correct
- Make sure you have enough funds on your card
- Verify with your bank that your debit or credit card allows recurring e-commerce transactions
- In most markets, Bolt only accepts Mastercard and Visa cards
- At the moment, American Express cards are accepted in Euro Zone countries
- You can only add a card before requesting a ride. This option will be unavailable during an ongoing ride.
- In case you have added the card successfully but it is still not showing in your app, please check the expiry date
- If the card expires in the given month and there are less than seven days until the end of the month, the card is automatically hidden, and you will have to add another card.
Scanning a card
- If you are unable to add a card by scanning, please make sure to place your card in the centre of the screen in such a way that all four green lines of the scanner connect with each other to create a rectangle border around your card
- Scanning works only with the cards that have embossed numbers. Non-embossed credit card types will not scan.
- For help on how to add a card, please see Adding or Choosing a Payment method
- All data about your card(s) is saved encrypted and kept private
- If nothing above helps, please contact our Support team via the app.