If you get an email notification about a failed card payment after your ride, it may be for a number of reasons (Bolt is generally not notified of the specific reason).
To solve some of the common issues, please check if:
- Your card has enough available funds to pay for the ride
- Your card hasn't expired
- E-commerce transactions for your card are enabled
- You have not exceeded your monthly limit for online purchases
To resolve a failed payment, we recommend the following:
- Reach out to your bank or credit card company for more information
- Inform them of the amount and when the ride ended, so they can let the transaction go through
After your bank or credit card issuer has confirmed that the transaction can be re-tried, you can use the Retry Payment option in the app by following these steps:
- Open the app
- Tap on Payments
- Choose the card that has enough funds and is active
If you still experience issues, please contact our Support Team via the app.
- You will not be able to request an in-app (card) payment ride until the failed payment is settled
- Retry payment feature is only available for Android app version no older than 4.46 and iOS app version no older than 3.66
- To protect your identity and funds, we may block your card payment in case of any unusual or suspected fraud activities.