Every account is associated with a specific phone number which cannot be changed. You can use a new number on the app by creating a new account. If you decide to open a new account, please close your old one first.
To open a new account:
- Go to your profile under the Main menu (top left corner)
- Tap on the logout icon (top right corner)
- Enter your new phone number and confirmation code received via SMS.
If for some reason you are not receiving a confirmation code sent via SMS:
- Restart your mobile phone; alternatively, you can switch to Airplane mode and then disable it.
- Try to log in once again via SMS. Please wait 60 seconds for the SMS to pull through
- If the SMS does not come through, try the call option
- If the phone call fails, contact your service provider to allow Bolt calls.
Note: Your previous trip history can’t be transferred to your new account.