To enable M-Pesa as a payment method for Bolt rides in Kenya, you must have a SIM card (Safaricom) that supports M-Pesa.
Then follow the steps below:
- Go to Payments under the Main menu and select M-Pesa
- Enter your PIN when the PIN code window pops up
- Wait for a confirmation message on the app screen and an SMS sent by M-Pesa
When the steps are completed, you should be able to pay for your rides using M-Pesa. After the ride, you will be asked for your PIN to confirm the payment.
- M-Pesa is available for any Safaricom user: 070, 071, 072, 074 and 079
- M-Pesa is only available on iOS
- With in-app payments, cash should not be paid to a driver.