Vehicles used for rides must meet both our minimum standards and government requirements.
All vehicles must:
- Be in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Be registered and insured for at least third party property damage in your state or territory. The vehicle must be covered by a valid insurance policy for third party property damage with cover of at least $5 million (not needed for Brisbane)
- Be a minimum of 2008 model or newer
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4-7 passengers (excluding the driver)
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Not be a taxi, government, branded or rebuilt vehicle
Additional requirements for Sydney:
- Be able to pass a vehicle inspection (all vehicles require annual pink slip registrations)
- All vehicles must have a Taxify sign placed at the rear windscreen when they are carrying passengers. Drivers who fail to do so may be fined by local police.
Additional requirement for Melbourne:
- You will need to apply for or renew a Hire Car License directly through the TSC website
Additional requirements for Brisbane:
- All vehicles must have Taxify signs on the bottom left-hand corner of the rear and front windscreens. These stickers must be visible at all times and removed when offline. Failure to do so may result in fines being issued to you by Queensland authorities
- Be nominated under a Booked Hire Service Licence
If you need more details, see the legislative requirements.