All vehicles are required to pass an annual safety check under the NSW Point to Point Regulation. This Regulation started on the 1st of November 2017 and applies to all vehicles, including those under five years of age. Vehicles must complete an inspection to pass safety standards for commercial use.
If your vehicle already completed an e-safety check (previously called a pink slip) as part of the registration renewal process (vehicles older than five years), you do not need to submit this to Taxify. Therefore, vehicle models:
- 2018: Do not require a safety check to be approved by Taxify
- 2013 - 2017: Vehicle will need to complete a safety check inspection (except for 2017 vehicles registered less than 12 months ago)
- 2008 - 2012: Do not require a new safety check if one was completed less than 12 months ago
You must provide or complete a Ride Share Redbook Inspection report. Please email us at email@example.com and we will book an inspection for you or you can provide a Redbook Inspection that is less than 2 weeks old.
Conditions: We pay upfront for drivers and charge them once they start driving. However, if a driver misses their first booking without good reason, they will have to pay upfront.
To ensure your inspection passes the 1st time, make sure that:
- Each tyre has a sufficient tread depth of at least 1.5mm and has no cracks
- All lights are working, including headlights, park lights, signal indicator lights, brake lights and interior lights
- The body of the car is in good condition
- Key components are working well such as your engine (any oil leaks), steering, suspension, seat belt condition, windscreen, and brakes
Note: If your vehicle fails inspection, additional costs may be incurred for a re-inspection on your vehicle by our partner. The cost of the inspection only covers in-person inspection. We do not give out our inspection reports to drivers.