Approved assistance animals are allowed on all rides with Taxify as required by law. However, permission is still required by the driver.
Travelling with an assistance animal
Passengers can travel with approved animal valid in NSW on all Taxify rides. This includes:
- Assistance animals trained to assist passengers with a disability
- Assistance animals in training
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs with accreditation
Guide, hearing and security dogs do not require a permit. However, for other assistance animals, passengers must carry an Assistance Animal Permit with them as proof of entitlement. It must have the photo of the nominated assistance animal on it and cannot be used for another animal.
When a passenger is travelling with an assistance animal, they need to ensure that:
- They are responsible for the conduct, care, feeding and toileting of the animal
- The animal must be under the control of the registered handler at all times
- Guide or hearing dog wears a harness or medallion of registration.
Interstate and internationally certified guide and hearing dogs are recognised. All other animals must be certified as a trained assistance animal.
Travelling with pets
Pets are allowed on Taxify rides with the permission of the driver.