From 15 January 2018, all vehicles providing ride-booking services must hold a current Booked Hire Service Licence (BHSL).
An annual booked hire service licence is being introduced to ensure that drivers providing booked hire services in a vehicle other than a taxi or limousine are suitable and the vehicle is safe.
To apply online for a BHSL, you will need the following:
- A valid TMR customer reference number for each associated person on the application
- if you’re applying as a corporation, provide an:
- Australian company number
- Certificate of registration of a company
- Current company extract identifying all current directors (available from ASIC)
- An email address so you can receive notifications about your application
- For the vehicle nominated on the licence you will need:
- Current registration in Queensland
- A current Certificate of Inspection
- A change of compulsory third party (CTP) insurance class letter from your insurer if you need to change your insurance class. For a vehicle you own, you will need a Class 26 Upgrade, and for a vehicle you rent, you will need a Class 4 Upgrade.
- A completed Form F5190 from the registered operator if you are using someone’s vehicle
- a Visa or Mastercard to pay the licence fee
Note: The cost of a BHSL is $237.26 per year paid to TMR.