The monthly invoice is a summary of the earnings (including bonuses) paid out to the driver and commission paid to Bolt for all the completed trips in the previous month.
The invoice is generated by our system and sent out to drivers in the first three days of every month. Check below the explanation of the sections and elements on the invoice.
- App orders — our commission taken for all the journeys you completed during the period stated
- Compensations — all bonuses and reimbursements (e.g. for missing tolls) you received from us
Lower left section
- Your balance at the start and end dates of the period stated. If the balance is positive at the end of the month, this amount will be paid to you in the next payout cycle (and appear under Payout on your next invoice).
- App payments — the total of trips done during the month, including our commission
- Invoices — adjusted commission. The Invoices amount is comprised of the App Orders (Bolt commission) minus any bonuses or reimbursements you have received.
- Payouts — sum of all payouts made to you via bank transfer during the period stated
Lower right section
- Total — The adjusted commission amount taken by Bolt (equal to the amount in the Invoices section)
- VAT — 0% for all countries (except for Austria, Estonia and Russia – 20%, Latvia – 21%, Saudi Arabia – 5%, South Africa – 15%, Tunisia – 7%)
To be Paid section
If the amount is 0.00, you do not have any outstanding amounts that you owe; thus, no action is required from you. This applies to most drivers.
If the amount is not 0.00:
- And you work for a market with only in-app payments, you can pay the amount you owe by driving and completing journeys so that the commission generated will cover the outstanding amount. You do not need to make a bank transfer to us.
- And you work for a market with both cash and in-app payments, the outstanding amount should be transferred to Bolt bank account.
Transfer Details section
If you have any outstanding commission to be paid, use the details provided to make a transfer:
- Bolt bank account details – Account holder name, IBAN or Account number
- Your unique payment Reference number to get the payment allocated to your Bolt account automatically.
Note: Excluding tolls and booking fees, there are no other additional or hidden fees on top of the commission automatically deducted from your account.