Thanks for applying to drive with Bolt. You would have received this link since you have not completely submitted your application and may be wondering why your application hasn't been processed.
A walkthrough of the application process
- Go to the signup page, submit your email, phone number and select your city. Proceed to the next page.
- Fill in the page with your first name, last name and select your car details. If your car is not listed, please notify us through email@example.com. In the meantime, select the correct brand and any model and we will change your vehicle details for you later.
- The ticked box after referral box confirms that you have a vehicle less than 10 years old and it isn't a taxi, government or rebranded vehicle
- Click Next from the page above.
- Fill in this page with your date of birth in the format shown. You will also need to provide your driver licence number, which can be found on your driver licence
- All ride-share drivers in NSW must hold a full, unrestricted licence for over 12 months in the preceding 2 years
- If you have come from another state and held a full licence there for over a year, please send your driving record plus images of the front and back of your licence from your previous state to firstname.lastname@example.org. We require this as proof of you holding a full licence; otherwise, you will be shown as ineligible in the Point to Point Portal. We cannot accept drivers until they are green for Licence Eligibility, P2P Eligibility and the Serious Driving Offence checker.
- Consent to upload your details into the Point to Point Portal will be requested
- Click Continue when you have filled your details to move to the next page.
We only require 7 uploads upfront (6 different types of documents) to submit your application. A summary of each document is listed below (see Document Requirements).
Driving Record: Common disqualifying offences include those that have been committed in the last 10 years (duration quoted by Point to Point). These offences can be found in the Driver Disqualifying Offence Search Register.
- Driving with middle or high-range PCA
- Driving while licence suspended, cancelled or disqualified
- Speeding in excess of 45km/h
- Driving causing grievous bodily harm or death
Hence, you will need to provide a full driving record for us to check for any disqualifying offence. We only accept records that are less than 2 months old. If yours is older or you don't have one, you can request a driving record.
Purchase the online one and upload the full PDF. After uploading all the correct documents, click Continue to proceed to the next page.
Background Check: Disqualifying criminal offences include those that have been committed in the last 10 years. These offences can be found in the Driver Disqualifying Offence Search Register. Examples of offences include:
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear of physical/mental harm
- Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO
- Causing grievous bodily harm with intent
- Resist officer in the execution of duty
You will need to provide a full background check for us to check for any disqualifying criminal offences. We only accept background checks that are less than 6 months old. If yours is older or you don’t have one, you can purchase one at Checked at a cost of $39.05
- Fill in all your banking information
- For the ACN field, if you are not a business, simply fill it in with no or -
- All rideshare drivers must be registered for ABN and GST by law. See Registering for ABN and GST.
- Click Finish to submit your application.
How soon will I be able to start driving?
Depending on the documents and requirements you are missing, the signup process can take anywhere from 1 hour to a couple of days.
Some documents may take time to provide, however, all requirements outlined by Bolt are required by the Point to Point Regulation. To know more about Point to Point, please visit this website.
You can start driving as soon as you get activated.