The application for operating permits is in two parts.
Step One: Business Plan Application
Taxify will be applying on behalf of all registered operators with TCT. We will collect all information for the submission of your business plan through this online form and submit this information to TCT for consideration.
Supporting documentation required for Step one
- Proof of Address
For business applications
Lease agreement greater or equal to 1 year or longer, tax invoice of parking/ parking quotation
ID of business owner or company registration documents
For individual applications
Using Apartment as base address:
Permission from Body Corporate (indicating number of parking bays and permission to park business vehicles on premises)
Municipal rates bill or equivalent indicating address or ERF number
ID of tenant (if applicant) OR Homeowner (if applicant)
Using Residential House as base address:
Municipal Rates bill or equivalent indicating address or ERF number
ID of Homeowner
Valid lease or letter from owner stating that applicant is allowed to use premises (if renting)
- Work permit (if not South African/Permanent Resident)
- ID or Company Registration Document
- Proxy Letter (letter giving us permission to apply on your behalf) download the letter.
- Applications can only be made through the online form and no submissions can be done in person at the office
- The type of base address you submit in your business plan has to match the supporting documents
- Residential property does not qualify as a business address. If property is zoned as residential it will be subject to residential document submissions and restrictions (if running business from home, you will be subject to the 2 permit limit)
- Priority will be given to driver-partners or operators already registered on the Taxify platform with vehicles.
Step two: Application for the Operating Permit
If your application is supported, TCT will provide you with a letter of support which we will collect on your behalf. You will then need to take this letter to the Department of Transport in Vanguard Drive, and hand it in with your application for an operating licence [Form 1B]
What supporting documentation is required for Step two
- Application Form 1B Completed
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (For the individual applying for the permits)
- Certified copy of ID Document OR Passport
- Signed statement that you will comply with all labour laws (this form is available at the Department of Transport)
- Valid License Disc and registration (Only if vehicle has already been purchased)
- Motivation letter from Taxify
Completing Form 1B:
How to complete the form?
Section A: Type of application- Tick option one, New operating license
Section B: Particulars of the Applicant- Details of the person applying
Section C: Particulars of the person responsible for a juristic person- Only applicable if you are applying as a company, partnership or close corporation.
Section F: Type of Public Transport Service
- Choose Metered taxi service
- If applying on behalf of someone else you will need a proxy or authorisation letter
- Under 'Number of passengers that will be carried', indicate between 4 -8
Section G: Particulars of Route
- Only fill in the section starting “In the case of metered taxis describe the area…. ”. Here you must write down your business or home address and indicate that it will be in a 30km -50km radius around that base address
Section H: Authorised ranks and terminals
- In the block, state that it is a base operation with no ranks required
Section K: Declaration
- Complete personal information and sign
Section L: Vehicles
You do not need to have the vehicles in order to apply. Please indicate if you have not purchased any vehicles
- Fill out the number of vehicles to be purchased (this is how many permits you will be applying for)- Under type, select Motor car
- Under seating capacity, select 4-8- If you do not have the vehicles yet do not fill out the section on vehicle information, the section starts Vehicle 1:
- If you need to fill out particulars on more than 3 vehicles you may attach additional copies of Section L only
Where to submit documents?
Department of Transport - Vangate Office Corner of Bosduis and Volstruis roads, Athlone, 7764