Vehicles used for Taxify rides must meet both our minimum standards and government requirements.
All vehicles must:
- Be in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- The vehicle must be covered by a valid insurance policy for third party property damage with a cover of at least $5 million
- Be able to pass a Redbook vehicle inspection. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can book you in for an inspection.
- All vehicles must have a Taxify sign placed at the rear windscreen when they are carrying passengers. Drivers who fail to do so may be fined by local police
- Be a minimum of 2009 model or newer
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4-7 passengers (excluding the driver)
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Must not be a taxi, government, branded or rebuilt vehicle.
If you need more details, see the legislative requirements.
Our team attends to all new vehicle applications within 24 hours.
Please revisit your vehicle application on the driver portal for any notes left by the Taxify team. You may be requested to provide a missing document.
A team member will also contact you via email or phone for further information to help you activate your vehicle. Please try to respond in a timely manner to fast-track your account activation.
The most common requirement for drivers is the completion of a Redbook Vehicle Inspection if your car is less than five years old.