Drivers should be active and consistent in maintaining vehicle cleanliness to promote quality service and ensure a safe, comfortable trip for passengers.
Stains caused by passengers and process to be followed by drivers:
During a journey, if a passenger stains your car because of vomiting, food/drink spills, soiled clothing or baggage, the passenger is responsible for covering the costs of cleaning.
Taxify will attempt to recover cleaning costs from the passenger and then reimburse these costs to the driver.
Drivers should report a staining incident to our Support Team immediately through the app and provide us with the following:
- Details of the ride (time, date, passenger)
- Pictures of damage/stain (please take at least three different photos close-up and afar)
- After reporting the incident, drivers should get their cars cleaned and send us a receipt via the app or by email to email@example.com
The receipt should contain:
- The name and ABN details of the car cleaning company
- The services provided (i.e. car-cleaning) and the cost of the service
Taxify will then take action and attempt to recover the cost of the cleaning from the passenger responsible for the damage.
Note: Cleaning costs that may be reimbursed will be subject to the following limits:
- $50 for minor spills and cleans
- $90 for mid-range spills and cleans
- $120 for major spills and cleans