Queensland rideshare drivers are legally not obliged to have a camera in their vehicle to operate rideshare. However, if they wish to have one, the camera must only be of the approved list of cameras under the Queensland legislation below:
- Mark 5 TaxiCam (VerifEye)
- Mark 4 TaxiCam (VerifEye) -- Starting 30 June 2019, this camera model will not be permitted to use in rideshare.
- SnapShot Mark 4 with internal camera model PV3006-001
- SnapShot Mark 4 with internal camera model PV3006-002
- TaxicamHD Mobile CCTV System (Taxicomms)
- Streamax (G60DT) X5-Lite
- Streamax (G60DT) X5Lite V2
As of 30 June 2019, the cameras listed above are mandatory to be recording both image and audio while a personalised transportation service is being provided.
Camera systems not listed above that record images in front of or behind the vehicle but do not record images or audio inside of the vehicle are permitted under Queensland legislation.
- If a camera is installed, it must also have appropriate signage on the exterior and interior of the vehicle.
- More information on legal cameras is specified by Queensland legislation. Please ensure you follow any updates on Department of Transportation and Main Roads.