The Bolt payment cycle runs weekly, and earnings are calculated from 00:00 Monday to 23:59 Sunday.
At the end of each week, Bolt will send you a statement. Use the indications below to help you understand the figures:
- Balance higher than UGX5,000: expect a deposit to your mobile money account
- Balance lower than UGX5,000: the amount will remain in your account and roll over as your starting balance in the new week
- Negative balance: your in-app payments, compensations, and bonuses were not enough to cover the 20% commission we charge per ride.
You can follow the procedure below to pay your commission:
- Open the Bolt Driver App and Tap Earnings
- Select the Balance tab and then scroll to the Current Week
- Click on the Pay to Bolt button
- Select your payment option
- Confirm that your details are correct and proceed to Pay Now
- Enter your mobile wallet Pin to confirm the transaction.
Please wait to receive your payment confirmation before closing or navigating away from the payment portal. Once the payment has been confirmed, it can take between 3 minutes to 24 hours for the amount to be visible in your balance.
You can also check the Bolt Uganda blog site for pictures that will assist you with a step by step overview of the payment process.
Things to keep in mind:
- You will only see this option if you have a negative balance at the end of the payment cycle
- The portal does not allow you to pay less than the specified amount. Please ensure that your mobile wallet has sufficient funds to process the transaction.
- The portal does not support amounts with decimals; the payment will be rounded off to the nearest whole number
- If you did not register a wallet that you wish to settle your balance from, please update your information before confirming the payment
- The minimum payment accepted by the portal is UGX500.00
- The payment portal supports MTN payments, Airtel payments and VISA card payments
- This payment option is available 24/7.
Note: It may take 7 business days for your balance to update if you are paying your commission fee through electronic fund transfer.