A driver's work week is considered to be from Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59.
Passengers can choose to pay with cash or card. Card trips will appear as Bolt Payment or In-app Payment on the app and in your balances.
Your Balance, which is a breakdown of your weekly earnings, is made up of your:
- Starting Balance: Amount in your account at the start of that week
- Payout: Amount paid out to you that week
- In-app Payments: Card trip fares for that week
- Bonuses: All bonuses earned that week
- Commission: 15% of all fares (cash & card) for the week
- Ending Balance: Amount in your account at the end of that week
On the following Monday, a balance statement detailing the calculation referred to above will be sent to you via email.
If you have a positive balance on Sunday at 23:59:
- And the amount is more than N2000, Bolt will issue this out to the bank account linked to your driver profile on Monday (please allow 1 working days for the amount to reflect in your bank account)
- But the amount is less than N2000, the amount will not be paid. Instead, it will carry over and serve as your starting balance for the new week.
If you have a negative balance on Sunday at 23:59:
- This means that you have completed more cash trips than card trips and are therefore owing commission for these trips
- Please make arrangements to pay your commission before the following Wednesday
Note: Your earnings can be accessed from the Home screen of the app. See Checking Earnings and Bonuses.