Drivers should be active and consistent in maintaining vehicle cleanliness to promote quality service and ensure a safe, comfortable trip for passengers.
Stains caused by passengers
During a journey, if a passenger stains your car because of vomiting, food/drink spills, soiled clothing or baggage, the passenger is responsible for covering the costs of cleaning.
Bolt will attempt to recover cleaning costs from the passenger and then reimburse these costs to the driver.
The process to be followed by drivers
Drivers should report a staining incident to our Support Team immediately through the app and provide us with the following:
- Details of the ride (time, date, passenger)
- Pictures of damage/stain (please take at least three different photos close-up and afar. In some cases we will need verification of the authenticity of the pictures)
- After reporting the incident, drivers should get their cars cleaned and send us a receipt via the app or by email
For us to be able to reimburse the cleaning cost for the driver, we need a proper receipt with the following details:
- The name and business-ID of the car cleaning company
- The services provided (i.e. car-cleaning) and the cost of the service
Cleaning costs reported accordingly to our policies may be reimbursed subject to the following limits:
- 50€ for minor spills and cleans
- 100€ for mid-range spills and cleans
- 150€ for major spills and cleans happened during night-time
Bolt will then take action and attempt to recover the cost of the cleaning from the passenger responsible for the damage. We do not cover other costs related to the incident.
- We will only accept cleaning compensation requests that fully follow the above procedure
- Any requests for cleaning compensation that does not comply with our procedure will be declined.