How can we help?

Sign in

Driver Application Documents

Registering to become a Taxify Driver-Partner? We’ll ask for these documents - make sure they have all the information we request, are non-expired, clear, and contain all 4 corners of the document:

  1. Ontario G-class driver’s license: We’re looking for drivers aged 21 or over with drivers’ license class A-G or equivalent (cannot be G1 or G2); if temporary license, submit with photo ID
  2. Canadian proof of work eligibility: Canadian document with your legal name, such as a Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, citizenship document, birth certificate, work/study permit, or SIN card/document (that does NOT start with a number 9)
  3. Ontario vehicle registration: Vehicle must be privately owned (not Toronto limo- or taxi-plated, not a rental), 2011 or newer, and not rebuilt or salvaged - Vehicle registration image must show both left and right sides of permit
  4. Personal vehicle insurance: This unexpired document must list your name (if you’re an additional insured, provide supporting documentation), the VIN of the vehicle you’re registering, and the effective and expiry dates of the insurance policy
  5. 36 days or newer Safety Standards Certificate (SSC): A picture of the original SSC (not a photocopy) must be submitted to us within 36 days of completion, even for new, just-off-the-lot cars, and even for vehicles that had an SSC completed more than 36 days ago - more on SSCs here
  6. Profile picture: A clear image of you from the shoulders up, so riders can see what you look like - more on profile pictures here

Once you submit all of your documents, give us 2 business days to take a look. We’ll email you with next steps.

Sign Up Now

Was this article helpful?