The SOS button has been added to the driver application to ensure the safety of Bolt rides. This button is reserved for medical or security emergencies, where you, a passenger or another road user is in immediate danger during a Bolt ride.
To activate the SOS Button:
- Press and hold the SOS button for 3 seconds
- Select the Yes button to confirm your emergency
- This triggers a call to be made to rescue (depending on your emergency, security personnel or an ambulance will be dispatched to your location)
What qualifies as an SOS emergency?
- Medical emergencies refer to injuries from road accidents, having trouble breathing, and anyone who is unconscious or with bleeding that requires medical attention.
- Security emergencies include life-threatening situations while driving, being stranded in an unsafe location with a broken vehicle, attempted vehicle hijack or any form of violence or attack.
Bolt will be also notified of the incident and will handle the case as a matter of high urgency.
Note: Please use this button only when you or your passenger are in immediate danger and require an emergency response. Misuse of this button is strongly discouraged.
For important additional details please see: Rescue terms and conditions