The SOS button has been added to the driver application to ensure the safety of Bolt rides. This button is reserved for medical or security emergencies, where you, a passenger or another road user is in immediate danger during a Bolt ride.
To report an emergency:
- Press and hold the SOS button for 3 seconds
- Select the Yes button to confirm your emergency
- This triggers a call to be made to rescue (depending on your emergency, security personnel or an ambulance will be dispatched to your location
Bolt will be also notified of the incident and will handle the case as a matter of high urgency
Make sure to use the SOS Button in the following situations below:
- Medical emergencies refer to injuries from road accidents, having trouble breathing, and anyone who is unconscious or with bleeding that requires medical attention.
- Security emergencies include life-threatening situations while driving, being stranded in an unsafe location with a broken vehicle, attempted vehicle hijack or any form of violence or attack.
- Please use this button only during security or medical emergencies as stated above. Misuse of this button is highly forbidden
- Rescue terms and conditions.