In order to meet Victorian Government rideshare regulation, all Drivers require a Driver Accreditation issued by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV). Obtaining the accreditation is simple and easy, but if any roadblocks occur on the way, we’ll help you out.
The requirements for obtaining your Driver Accreditation are the following:
Victorian Drivers Licence
- Not due to expire in the coming 14 days
- You must have previously held a licence in Australia or New Zealand for a minimum of six months. New to Victoria? Transfer your licence.
Valid Work Rights in Australia
- You must hold a visa that allows you to work with a commercial passenger vehicle
Pass a Medical Assessment
- Book an appointment with your local GP and get your medical assessment form
- The results of your medical assessment also determine for how long your driver accreditation will last. Typically, it can last up to 1-3 years.
100 points of identification
- Read about the required documents and make sure they are all certified before sending them through to the CPVV
- Common places to certify documents include local police station, bank manager, pharmacy or your local GP
- We recommend whilst you complete your medical assessment, you should also certify your 100 points of identification with the doctor
Once you have fulfilled these requirements, you can proceed to apply online. You may expect to receive your Driver Accreditation in 3-4 weeks.
The cost of the application fee is $74.40, plus the cost for medical assessment, which may vary depending on where you complete the assessment.
Already have a Driver Accreditation from another state?
You are eligible to apply for mutual recognition if you are currently an accredited commercial passenger vehicle driver from another state or territory in Australia or New Zealand.