In order to be on-boarded to the Bolt platform to operate in the Malta service area, vehicles must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in excellent working condition with no cosmetic damage
- Must be registered with a 'Y-plate'
- Must have comprehensive vehicle insurance
- Must have 4 doors
- Must have the ability to seat 4 or 8 riders (excluding the driver)
- Must have fully functioning windows and air conditioning unit
- Must not have been previously used as a taxi or government vehicle
- Must not have any promotional branding
- Must not be a rebuilt model.
Car categories are subject to the vehicle’s model, year of manufacture, condition, and extra equipment.