Bolt is deeply committed to your safety. Thus, we would like to remind you of some guidelines to ensure that you complete your ride safely:
- Use a helmet, gloves and appropriate footwear during a ride
- Use designated bike lane, if available
- Ride in the direction of traffic rather than against it
- Always drive in a straight line; zigzagging or weaving through traffic is not advised
- Follow the general traffic rules (stop at red traffic lights and stop signs, give right of passage when required, etc.)
- Always observe traffic when changing a lane
- Use hand signals when turning or changing lanes
- Avoid riding in extreme weather
- Avoid doing any bike stunts
- Don’t ride while intoxicated
- Don't ride a scooter together with another person; only one user is allowed to ride a scooter at a time.
For first-time riders, we recommend using the Beginner mode to limit your top speed to 15km/h. To change the settings, click on the shield icon in the left down corner of the screen to open Safety Toolkit and tick/untick Beginner mode.
Should you need to report a safety incident, please contact our Support team.
- You can also find safety tips and your city rules in Safety Toolkit by clicking on the shield icon in the app
- The maximum weight capacity of a scooter is 100 kg.