Bolt is deeply committed to your safety. Thus, we would like to remind you of some guidelines to ensure that you complete your ride safely:
- Use a helmet, gloves and appropriate footwear during a ride
- If there is a designated bike lane, feel free to ride there as well
- Ride in the direction of traffic rather than against it
- Always drive in a straight line; zigzagging or weaving through traffic is not advised
- Follow the general traffic rules (stop at red traffic lights and stop signs, give right of passage when required, etc.)
- Always observe traffic when changing a lane
- Use hand signals when turning or changing lanes
- Avoid doing any bike stunts
- Do not ride when it is raining.
For first-time riders, we recommend using the Beginner mode to limit your top speed to 15km/h. To change the settings, click on the shield icon in the left down corner of the screen to open Safety Toolkit and tick/untick Beginner mode. You can also find safety tips there.
Should you need to report a safety incident, please contact our Support team.