Cancellation fees have been implemented in some cities to compensate drivers for driving to a pickup point with no reward.
Cancellation fees are applied in the following situations:
- You cancel a trip request more than 2 minutes after the driver has accepted
- The driver cancels the trip request after more than 5 minutes of waiting
The cancellation fee notification appears in-app, and a receipt is sent to your email. Cancellation fees help us maintain efficiency, ensure faster pickups and ease drivers’ concerns of driving at a loss.
- Cancellation fees do not apply to rides in some cities
- The cancellation fee amount varies by location and vehicle option. In Sydney, cancellation fee applies after 8 minutes when the driver has arrived to the pickup location and rider has not come to the car
- Be considerate to drivers as ride cancellations may affect their earnings and activities
- Promo codes do not cover the cancellation fee.
If you have any questions about cancellation fees, please contact our Support Team via the app.