When signing up to drive with Bolt in South Africa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Inspection report
- Profile picture
- Motor Vehicle Licencing Disc with Operator Card
- Operating Licence/Permit
- Motor Vehicle Registration Document
- Roadworthy certificate
- Insurance requirements
Note: All drivers in metropolitan cities must also pass the RaspberryONE background check in order to be activated on the platform.
- All vehicles in South Africa must pass the RaspberryONE self-inspection.
- At the time of performing the inspection, all the documents mentioned below are required.
- Each vehicle will need to have a renewed self-inspection every 12 months. You will be asked to perform an inspection for the vehicle you are using at the time.
- A South African Professional Driving Permit with goods and passengers is required
- You can obtain this from the licencing departments
- You can use Natis to schedule a time to apply for your PrDP.
- A standard profile picture is required when signing up to drive with Bolt.
Motor Vehicle Licence Disc with Operator Card
- Visit the nearest roadworthy centre to request the licence disc application form that is needed to submit to the licencing department.
- You can obtain this document from the Department of Transport
- To submit your application, you will need the following documents:
|For individuals||For a company|
|1 certified copy of each document||1 certified copy for each document|
Motor Vehicle Registration Document
- The document is obtained when you purchase and register a vehicle in your name
- If the vehicle is financed, you can obtain the document from the dealership or the bank.
- It is mandatory to have your vehicle tested for road-worthiness before you can be registered as a driver with Bolt
- See the link for the Roadworthy certificate for further information.
- Bolt facilitates Passenger Liability Insurance for drivers to ensure that all passengers are sufficiently covered in case of an accident
- When your account is activated, you are automatically registered for the cover. However, you are strongly advised to have a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy to ensure you have financial protection in case anything should happen to your vehicle.
Background check report
- All drivers looking to be activated in metropolitan cities must first pass the RaspberryONE background check
- See RaspberryONE's website for further information about the service and centre locations.