Bolt is deeply committed to the safety and security of drivers and passengers. We encourage you to follow these guidelines to ensure your safety while using the platform:
- Make sure your vehicle is sufficiently fueled for your work day
- Ensure that your vehicle is mechanically well-maintained to avoid breakdowns
- Verify a passenger’s details before starting the journey i.e. name, drop-off location, etc.
During the journey
- Abide by the local traffic laws and speed regulations
- Remain reactive to road and weather conditions and adjust your driving accordingly
- Avoid using electronics while driving. Make use of a phone mount instead
- Use the SOS button if you require emergency medical or security assistance.
Ending the journey
- End the journey in a well-lit area
- If there are any price disputes, kindly ask the passenger to report the matter to Bolt for assistance. Do not argue with or collect any collateral items from the passenger.
Other safety tips:
- Ensure that you are well-rested. Do not drive if you are tired or fatigued
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
- Reserve the right to reject orders received from dangerous areas
- If you are driving at night, have your head and tail lights on
- If you are carrying large sums of cash collected from journeys, you are encouraged to visit the nearest ATM to deposit these funds.
You are advised to stay alert to your surroundings. If you are a victim of or witness any crimes, report the matter to the local authorities as soon as possible.