Bolt has partnered with Oaksure Financial Services and Renasa Taxi Underwriters to provide free insurance for riders and drivers in South Africa – Bolt Trip Protection.
Bolt Trip Protection covers any accident or incident that might take place during a Bolt trip. It covers emergency medical expenses, permanent disability and accidental death caused by an incident.
Important: If you have been involved in an accident, immediately notify the police and paramedics if necessary. Please let us know about it via the app.
To claim for cover, please contact Oaksure Customer Care Call Centre via phone number 087-049-2855/086-162-5787 or email address email@example.com. Please have the following information on hand: the trip details and a phone number linked to your Bolt account.
What does Bolt Trip Protection cover?
Bolt Trip Protection includes cover for unexpected injuries, hospital stays, trauma counselling and several other benefits. Please note that Bolt Trip Protection is only effective for incidents that happened during a Bolt trip.
Bolt Trip Protection covers:
- Emergency medical care
- Cover will be provided for the first 48 hours following an incident
- Cover is provided for up to R30,000, including emergency medical expenses and trauma counselling
- Along with emergency medical expenses and trauma counselling, cover is provided for loss or damage of personal goods or loss of income (following medical practitioner letter after an incident)
- Accidental death, when your heirs or dependents will receive R30,000
- Permanent disability caused by an accident/incident while on a trip, when you could receive up to R30,000.
- Bolt Trip Protection is not a substitute for medical insurance and medical aid, or for vehicle insurance or any of the other insurance types required to register a vehicle with Bolt
- Bolt Trip Protection does not imply an employment contract between Bolt and drivers
- You can find more information on Bolt Trip Protection in the brochure.