To register as a driver on the Bolt platform, you must have the following driving requirements:
- A valid South African PrDP
- An Android or iPhone Smartphone with GPS
- A clear criminal record (background check will be performed by Bolt).
If you have these requirements, you may continue to complete the following steps to sign up as a driver:
Step 1: Registration
Visit the application portal to start the registration process. You will be asked to enter the following details:
- Your contact details
- City (please select the city you would like to operate in here)
- Driving and/or vehicle documents.
Alternatively, if you are in the Cape Town or Johannesburg areas and all your documents are in order, please take your documents to our local offices:
- Johannesburg: 9 Charles Crescent, Strathaven, Sandton (10:30, 13:30 and 15:00)
- Cape Town: Unit 7, M5 Business Park, Eastman Road, Maitland (10:00, 12:00 and 13:30).
Step 2: Complete training
- Please allow a period of 48 hours for the application review process to take place. Bolt will contact you thereafter to advise you on the status of your application
- Once your application has been processed, Bolt will connect with you via email or SMS to invite you to attend the driver training session
- If you are signing up to drive in a city where Bolt does not have a local office, training material will be provided to you.
Step 3: Activation
- After you have completed the training session, submit your fingerprints so that Bolt can complete your background check
- Commence to the Supply area where a profile will be created for you
- Kindly allow a period of 24 - 48 hours for profile activation. You will receive an SMS containing your username. Please follow the prompts to create a password.
- When attending training, kindly arrive at the office an hour before the session begins so that your documents can be verified.
- An initial fee for training and background checks will be added to your account after profile activation.
- Please note that if your background check results return positive, your profile will not be activated.