To operate on the Bolt platform you must complete the following on an annual basis:
- Your vehicle must pass a vehicle inspection to ensure that it meets Bolt quality standards
- You must complete a criminal background check.
You will be notified when your current vehicle inspection or background check has expired. You will have two weeks from that notification to complete the inspection/background check.
Please note that failure to complete the inspection/background check will result in your account being blocked.
Where can I complete the vehicle inspection and background check?
Bolt has partnered with The Raspberry Academy inspection centres across South Africa to offer discounts on inspections and background checks. You can find the location of the nearest TRA centre on the website.
What is needed to complete the inspection and background check?
- Vehicle inspection
- Cost – R200 (incl. VAT). Card payment only.
- You will need to supply the correct vehicle documentation. See the Document Requirements for more details.
- Background check
- Cost – R150 (incl. VAT). Card payment only.
- You must have your ID (RSA ID or passport) with you when submitting your fingerprints.
Please note that Bolt does not cover repairs or maintenance to pass an inspection.
Once you have completed the car inspection/background check, The Raspberry Academy will automatically send the results to Bolt for processing. You can expect your account to reflect the new inspection report in 24 hours.
- If you want to change from the current vehicle to a different vehicle at the time of inspection, check the instructions on how to add or link to a new vehicle.
- Level-1 BEE registration is also possible when getting your inspection done. See the article on Exempt Micro Entity Affidavit for more information.