To operate on the Bolt platform, you need to obtain a Private Hire Vehicle License from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA).
Follow the guidelines below to apply for the Private Hire Vehicle License:
- The vehicle owner must present the vehicle and the Vehicle Registration Certificate at the Digital Transport Center (DTC) located at the DVLA Head Office for verification and authentication
- If the owner of the vehicle is unable to be physically present, they can send a representative on their behalf. The representative must present the DTC with a signed Power of Attorney document - a sample of the document is available at the DTC and on the DVLA website.
- The representative must present a valid ID document (National ID, Passport or Driver’s Licence) in order to complete the process
- A fee of 60 GHC is payable for the vehicle verification and authentication. This fee is payable upon annual document renewal.
- The driver must present their valid Licence at the DTC for verification and authentication
- The driver must be physically present for this activity, the DTC will not accept a representative to complete the process
- A fee of 40 GHC is payable for the driver verification and authentication. This fee and process are once-off.