For safety measures, all passengers are asked to wear a face mask when travelling with Bolt. However, you are not obliged to wear a face mask in the following cases:
- If you are travelling alone
- If you are 12 years old or younger
- If you have breathing problems or any other disability that prevents you from wearing a face mask. In this case, the driver may ask for proof.
Cancellation fee policy
You, as a client, can cancel a ride if your driver is not wearing a face mask. If you cancel for this specific reason, you won't be charged the cancellation fee.
If you are travelling with someone else and don't wear a mask, your driver has a right to cancel the ride. In such a case, you may be charged the cancellation fee.
In addition to the above changes, we recommend the following:
- Wash your hands regularly or use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% of alcohol
- Keep a safe distance as much as possible, especially in busy pick-up locations
- You are allowed to sit in the front, however, we recommend taking the back seat for safety measures.
If you have any additional questions, please read the local government policies regarding wearing a face mask or get in touch with our Support team via the app.