In Ireland, the taxi fare is set by the National Transport Authority and metered by the Taxi Meter in the vehicle. Bolt uses this fare structure to guide its estimations but does not dictate the final price.
The fare is set by the following:
- Time of day (standard rate during the day and a premium rate at night)
- Distance and speed travelled
- Number of passengers (€1 per passenger)
- Booking fee (€2 when ordered via an app)
- Public holidays (special premium rate).
Learn more about the fare structure on the Transport for Ireland website.
To check whether the final fare falls within the expected range, please see Transport for Ireland’s Fare Estimator.
If you find the fare falls out of the estimated range, please contact our Support team via the app for assistance.