Bolt drivers must meet certain requirements to become a driver. Below you can find an overview of how to get started.
Register your profile
- Go to the driver sign-up page to register
- Upload all required documents that are specified in our email response
- If you are instructed to upload a profile picture, please ensure it meets the following requirements:
- Your face is centred in the frame (a smile goes a long way!)
- There is only you in the picture
- The image is not blurry
- You are not wearing wear a hat or sunglasses (eyeglasses and religious garments are accepted)
- The photo is taken in good lighting (try facing a light source, like a lamp or window)
- The image is taken against a solid background
- The photo is taken with the camera at eye level
- The picture is not a photo of a photo
Once you have completed your registration and your documents have been verified you will receive an email containing the next steps to get activated.
- Remote activations
- We’ll send you a booking link so you can choose a suitable time for a call
- Choose a suitable time slot in the scheduling portal and attend the call via the invite we send to your email address
- Activations at a hub
- We’ll send you a booking link so you can choose a suitable time to attend a local hub
- If you are invited to complete the onboarding at your local hub, please bring any required documents or information with you as specified in our email.
Get verified and start driving
- The first time you go online you will be prompted to verify yourself with a picture of your driving licence and a selfie.
- Follow the instructions in the app to get verified and start driving.
Note: If you attend the hub for activation a member of our team will assist you with verification.