How can we help?

Sign in

I want to update my account name in the UK

Check the process for your local area:

List of required name change documents:

  • A witnessed and signed Deed Poll or official name change document (e.g. a marriage certificate)
  • Updated DVLA driving licence with the new name (front side)
  • Updated Private Hire Licence (PHL)
  • Updated PCO driver badge (if applicable in your licensing area)
  • Updated insurance certificate with any required supporting documents (e.g. policy schedule/permission letter)
  • A document that proves the right to remain in the UK and confirms the new name, such as:
    • Passport
    • An official letter from UKBA/Home Office
    • If no passport can be provided, a copy of the full birth certificate or a recent marriage certificate can be provided instead
Was this article helpful?